Go the Extra Mile with After Care Kits
You just had a wonderful appointment with your client: you installed a full head of fabulous hair, gabbed about the latest episodes of “New Girl,” and discussed romantic hairstyles perfect for Valentine’s Day. But this is your client’s first time getting extensions and you want to make sure they’re well-maintained in the coming weeks. So what do you do? It’s easy—just make sure your client leaves with a Babe After Care Kit!
These kits contain:
1) A hair extension brush. This brush is made of 100% boar hair and was created especially for hair extensions. It’s soft enough that it won’t pull or catch the extensions, causing them to slip. It should be used at least three times a day to keep hair from matting and tangling.
2) Dry shampoo. Extensions should be washed as little as possible, and the dry shampoo keeps hair looking and smelling fresh between washes. Babe’s dry shampoo is formulated specifically for extensions and smells lightly of vanilla. It’s also great to use even if you don’t have extensions in, so when your client takes them out, she’ll still be able to use it between washes!
3) An after care card. This cute card has tips and tricks to help remind your client what she should do to keep her extensions in great shape!
Here are some other products that your client can purchase to help with maintenance:
1) A sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. These are key. Sulfates can dry out natural hair pretty quickly, so the drying effects they have on extensions are even more drastic. They can also affect the bonds (especially keratin), so make sure your client has sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners to keep her extensions looking healthy!
2) A deep conditioner or hair mask. These work wonders for keeping extensions hydrated. Your client can either get a deep conditioner that’s used for a few minutes in the shower, or a hair mask that’s used before a shower, and is left on for a longer period of time.
3) Hair ties! Every woman probably has more hair ties than they know what to do with, but you should still make sure your client has some so she can tie her hair up each night. Loose ponytails and braids are the best ways to keep hair from tangling during sleep, so make sure your client is properly equipped with an arsenal of hair ties!
We know you’ll do a great job installing the extensions and educating your clients all about after care, but there’s no guarantee they’ll remember! This is a great way to give them the tools they’ll need to succeed after they’ve left the salon!