How to Make the Most of Your Babe Color Swatch
No extension consultation is complete without the Babe Color Swatch—a handy little tool featuring 100% Human Remy swatches of all our extension colors (37 and counting!). But did you know you can use the Babe Swatch for more than just choosing shades? Today, we’ll outline some of the lesser-known uses for your Babe Swatch, so you can make the most of it in your salon.
1. Use it to identify your client’s current hair shade. Regardless of whether or not your client is looking for hair extensions, the Color Swatch can be used to identify their current hair color. Incorporate it into your color consultations to help your client describe their own hair color, and gain an understanding of where their hair color sits within a range of shades.
2. Use it to plot your client’s ideal highlight or lowlight shades. The rules of hair extension blending apply to color dimension, too: once you’ve determined your client’s existing hair shade, select a similarly-toned color 2 steps lighter and 2 steps darker as a reference for your highlights and lowlights.
3. Use it to imagine a new hair color for your client. Shades on the Color Swatch can be used for more extensive color transformations, too. Use it as a reference for a new all-over color, first by comparing shades to your client’s skin tone to achieve a perfect complement, then by comparing your color formulation’s test strand to the swatch color for accuracy. Feel free to use multiple swatches for inspiration, too.
4. Purchase extra swatches to create a swatch book for color jobs, or for test strands. Test out how certain color formulations will react with Babe hair extensions by pre-coloring swatches. You can compile these tests into a book for easy perusal, or utilize the swatches directly as test strands for specific color jobs.
5. Use it to help new extension clients feel the quality of 100% Human Remy hair. Since the swatches on the Babe Color Swatch are 100% Human Remy, they look and feel exactly the same as our hair extensions themselves. Take advantage of the similarity and let your clients handle the hair. We’re sure they’ll notice the quality!
6. Use a color swatch or practice hair strand to demonstrate care practices to your client. Again, since the quality of the swatches on Babe’s Color Swatch correlate exactly with Babe’s actual hair extensions, swatches can be used to demonstrate proper hair care practices to your client. Let your clients brush, braid, or even wash the swatches, pretending that the metal clasp is the hair extension bond.
From March-April 2017, Babe is offering our special Babe Tag promotion: enjoy 3 friendly little tags with colorful discounts when you purchase Babe’s Color Swatch. Discounts include: a free marketing kit, a free intro DvD, and 10% off your next order. You’ll also get a free Quick Pick Hair Parter! Head over to your local distributor to take advantage of the offer now.