What is the Babe Crown?
Two words: Instant Hair.
There have been some big new additions to Babe’s product list recently, involving a line of removable hair extensions you can offer for sale in your salon. This line is called Babe Instant Hair, and it includes an expanded variety of Babe’s Clip-In extensions in different lengths and weights, a new Clip-In Bangs extension in two distinct styles, and something called the “Babe Crown,” which may have some of you scratching your heads. But worry not--we’re here to tell you all about it.
The Babe Crown is unlike any other extension we’ve offered in the past, in that it:
1) is not a series of strands, wefts, or extension pieces, but rather a whole and unified extension piece
2) does not attach to the natural hair, but rests on the crown of the head (like an actual crown).
What this means is that the Babe Crown is super quick and easy to install (since your client won’t need to worry about individual weft placements) and it exerts no strain on the hair or root itself. This is a game changer for thin or fine-haired clients, and a welcome relief for low-maintenance girls.
Here’s how it works:
- When you first unpackage the Babe Crown with your client, you’ll need to fit the wire to the size of their head. To do this, position the wire on the crown of the head such that it sits 1-3 inches behind the hairline, just above the ears, and just below the occipital bone in back. Then, remove the extension carefully (without disturbing the wire’s shape) and adjust the wire’s clip to the appropriate notch on the hair weft, tightening the wire to secure. This is a one-time step, so once it’s done, you or your client will not need to do it again.
- To apply the now-fitted Babe Crown to the client’s hair, simply pull the extension into its vested place and use a rattail comb or finger to pull some of the natural hair over the wire. Then, using a brush, smooth the hair and hair extensions together, fully disguising the wire. This process takes less than a minute to complete.
- While the client is still in your chair, blend and shape their new Babe Crown to suit their natural hair. You may even color the extensions--which are 100% Human--1-2 shades darker to achieve the desired look.
- To remove the extensions, pull them up and over your client’s natural hair--either from the ends of the hair or from the microfilm wire. This process takes less than 5 seconds.
- Advise your client to:
1) brush the extensions 1-3 times per use, and before washing or wetting the hair
2) wash the extensions after 3-4 uses
3) use only sulfate-free products on the extensions
4) use a heat protectant before heat styling
5) avoid swimming or sleeping with the extensions on
6) store the extensions brushed, braided, and secured within the original packaging for maximum lifespan.
When properly cared for, the Babe Crown can last up to a year or longer.
Right now, Babe Crown is offered in 3 lengths, 2 weight classes, and 16 colors, for a total of 96 style options. Check them out today, and learn how Instant Hair can benefit your salon. Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts in the comments below!