Sew-In Wefts 101
Are you ready for instant length and some serious Va-Va-VOLUME? If you answered yes, then you’ve come to the right place! Babe Hair’s Sew-In Collection offers the most voluminous transformation, a seamless blend and movement for days!
Many of our professional stylists are familiar with our Hand Tied Wefts and the insta-worthy results they deliver. These extensions became an instant fan favorite for their one of a kind installation method, sewing each weft onto a track of silicone beads for instant length, fullness, and volume. With so much love for this method, we’ve decided to add a new option to the collection. Machine Sewn Wefts!
What are Machine Sewn Wefts?
Machine Sewn Wefts are just what the stylist ordered! We’ve expanded our sew-in collection to bring you a method that is an incredible choice for clients who have medium to thick hair. Just like our award-winning Hand Tied Wefts, these extensions are installed using the sew-in method for a seamless blend and full movement. They are available in 18.5”, 22.5”, and a range of 20+ colors to choose from. Check out all the major benefits Machine Sewn Wefts have in store for you:
- Instant length and volume in a snap. Just like our other hair extension methods, Machine Sewn Wefts offer your clients solutions in length and fullness without the hassle of growing out their natural hair.
- Ultimate customization for the win! Machine Sewn Wefts can be adjusted to fit every client who walks through your salon doors.
- Volume on volume on volume! These extensions are pre-layered with three wefts sewn together to provide triple the volume.
- No glue or adhesive required. You can cut these wefts to fit your client’s head without the worry of unraveling because the machine-sewn bond holds them securely together.
- Worth your time! This method offers long-lasting wear with suggested maintenance every 6-8 weeks.
- Available in bonus lengths. Machine Sewn Wefts come in 18.5” and 22.5” to give you a little extra length to work with.
If you want to learn more about Machine Sewn Wefts and how they’re installed, check out our Online Education!
What is the difference between Machine Sewn Wefts and Hand Tied Wefts?
Both seem pretty similar, right? They’re installed by using the same techniques and can be customized to fit all your clients. But there are some major differences between the two.
First, and the most significant, is the amount of volume each weft has to offer. Machine Sewn Wefts come pre-layered with three wefts sewn together to triple volume in your client’s natural hair. If these wefts seem too heavy for someone with finer hair, they can be deconstructed into single wefts. Thank you, customization! Hand Tied Wefts are much lighter and more flexible.
The second difference is in the way these wefts are constructed. Machine Sewn Wefts are pre-layered and sewn together with a machine, while Hand Tied Wefts are hand-stitched. When it comes to glue and adhesives, Machine Sewn Wefts don’t require any! The machine bond is sewn together so tightly and securely, you don’t have to worry about unraveling of any kind when you cut them. Hand Tied Wefts are looser, so if you need to make a cut you will need use our Adhesive to seal the stitching.
How do I choose the right sew-in method for me?
Determining the right sew-in method all comes down to the natural thickness of your client’s hair. Our expanding sew-in collection gives you more resources to help your clients find personal styling solutions for their natural locks!
Machine Sewn Wefts are great for those who have a medium to thicker texture because the wefts come pre-layered. If you’re looking for a little more flexibility and customization for your clients with finer hair, then Hand Tied Wefts are going to be your best choice.
No matter how many different hair textures you encounter, Babe Hair has the resources you need to create the most beautiful hairstyles with your own hands!
Are you excited for Machine Sewn Wefts? Tell us why in the comments!